I realize that this post is suuuuuper late but I have a good excuse, okay? An orange cretin distracted me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Let’s start with some books!
- The Hobbit (ISBN 0-04-823154-1) – Picked this up from a free book exchange so it didn’t cost me a thing! You know when books are floppy? This is one of those and I love it.
- The Return of Shadow (ISBN 0-04-440669-X) – Another free book exchange find. It kills me because now I feel like I need every other book in this edition.
- Lo Hobbit (had a difficult time finding the ISBN, sorry) – My friend, Marta, sent this to me and I’m eternally grateful. Look at the pretty Smaug!
- Il Signore Degli Anelli (ISBN 88-18-12369-6) – Another gift from Marta.
- The Shaping of Middle-earth & The Lost Road (ISBN 0-345-40043-7/0-345-40685-0) – I shouldn’t wait so long to do these posts because I can’t really remember where these came from. My dad bought these for me, I’m pretty sure they were only like $1 each?
- The Hobbit (ISBN 978-00-0-745842-4) – Lily, my Tolkien Fairy Bookmother, sent this to me. ❤
- The Fellowship of the Ring – Bought this from Strand back in November for $8 (I think?). I do have this edition without the dust jacket but I couldn’t pass up the chance to buy one with a dust jacket, right?
- The Making of Middle-earth (ISBN 978-1402784767) – I’ve seen this book floating around on the internet for a few years and finally bought it when I found it on Book Outlet for just $4.99. I’ve only flipped through it but I’m hoping to read it some time this year.
- Eaglemoss Bard Figure – The amount of love I have for Bard is embarrassing, which Lily knows, and she was kind enough to send me this lil’ Bowman.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Official Stage Companion (ISBN 978-0-00-721908-7) – Ahhhhhhhh! I’m so excited to own this, you have no idea! My friend, Jo (who was my roommate in NZ), came to visit me and gave me this. ❤ ❤ ❤ And before you ask, yes there’s a LOTR musical and YES you should look it up.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Sticker Activity Book (ISBN 978-0-00753112-7) – Another gift from Jo.
- Empire Magazine – The cover story may be about Rogue One but if you look at the yellow circle you’ll see that there are LOTR cast interviews.
- J.R.R. Tolkien: The True Lord of the Rings – Another gift from Lily! She needs to be a detective because we’ve been trying to find this issue for years and she, with her magical researching skills, found it.
- The Hobbit Earrings – A Christmas gift from Val, look at how cute!
- Greg Hildebrandt’s Autograph – Still can’t believe I own something with his signature (it’s the little scribble on the bottom left corner of my copy of Greg and Tim Hildebrandt: The Tolkien Years.)
~If I’m lucky, Mr. Talent will rub his tentacles all over my art.~
He had an art exhibit in NYC last year and attended the opening night! I feel like I came across creepy but it’s fine….
- Silver Acorn – Weta had a big sale for Black Friday and I caved and bought this silver acorn necklace because, you know, Bilbo trash. This is the item in my collection that I’ve personally spent the most on (I don’t remember the exact price but it was around $70). I try to wear it daily–I don’t ever really wear any jewelry so it’s a struggle haha–and knowing I have a reminder to always show small acts of kindness and love makes me smile. Weta and Rocklove did such amazing job on this! I’m not a suitable model but here’s a photo of me wearing it.
- Black Arrow Replica – I ordered this from Budk and I would mount it but I don’t have the room for it, it’s over 7 feet tall! I should take a photo standing next to it for size comparison because I’m 5’3″.
I keep the arrowhead on my movie shelf.
- Hobbiton Rocks (the two small ones on the very right with the arrow) – Val went to New Zealand and I asked if she could bring a Shire rock back for me because I’m an idiot and spaced out on grabbing one when I was there. Now I have my own pieces of the Shire. ❤
- Frodo Bust – Picked this up from New York Comic Con for around $20!
- Graham McTavish’s Autograph – Got this at NYCC too! I would’ve also gotten a photo with him but $$$$$.
- Frodo ToyBiz Figure – Found a bunch of vendors who were selling LOTR figures for a fairly good price (this was back in October so I can’t remember exactly how much).
- Faramir ToyBiz Figure – I didn’t realize that I didn’t have a Faramir figure until I saw him at NYCC, my Denethor was showing.
- Eowyn ToyBiz Figure – She came with a pretty Rohan helmet but of course I lost it.
- Wormtongue ToyBiz Figure – Can someone please tell me that that blue thing is?
- Strider Toybiz Figure – He came with too many things which is why he looks like a hoarder.
Hopefully it won’t take me over two months to get the next haul post out.